Carter G. Woodson Middle School sports teams operate on an independent season schedule.
Carter G. Woodson Varsity sports teams are members of the CAASC Conference.
Our students are champions on and off their respective playing fields. Our sports’ department is headed by Mr. Gills, who also serves as the Varsity Girls Basketball coach. Our student athletes excel on the field in both competitiveness as well as sportsmanship. Behind all of our athletes, are a group of phenomenal coaches and volunteers who strive to teach our students the values of sportsmanship, teamwork, integrity, discipline, respect, and hard work. During the past two fall seasons, the Varsity Boys Soccer teams were crowned conference champions and have advanced far into the state tournament. Proudly, our Girls Soccer team was named regular season conference champions in the spring of 2018 and advanced to the state tournament as well!
Our boys and girls basketball teams always compete at a high level and are gaining reputations for progressing over the past couple of years.
In addition to their accomplishments on the field, we are also proud of our students’ success in the classroom.
We hold our student athletes to a strict academic and behavioral standard in order to participate and compete as an Eagle. Go Eagles!!
Sports Offered 2018/19 Season:
- Boys Fall Sports
- High School Varsity Boys Soccer – 7th through 12th Grade
- Boys Winter Sports
- Middle School: Boys Basketball – 5th through 8th Grade
- High School Varsity Boys Basketball – 7th through 12th Grade
- Girls Winter Sports
- High School Varsity Girls Basketball – 7th through 12th Grade
- Girls Spring Sports
- High school Varsity Girls Soccer – 7th through 12th Grade
Most Recent Accolades
- 2018 Varsity Boys Soccer Nominees for All-Conference: CAASC Conference
- Horacio Rojas-Cisneros
- Kevin Gomez Cortez
- Fernando Alexander Bustos Hernandez
- Maximino Penaloza Candela
- Jose Daniel Bustos Hernandez/li>
*All prospective student athletes must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average and be in good standings with all teachers, faculty and staff as it relates to conduct and behavior.
2018/19 Coaching Staff:
- Boys and Girls Soccer Coach:
- Mr. Fernando Cespedes
- Varsity Boys Basketball Coach:
- Mr. Altonio Wright
- Mr. Tyson Patterson
- Varsity Girls Basketball Coaches:
- Mr. Andre’ Gills
- Ms. Nahamah Jackson